Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Last Day

So, unofficially, today is my last day travelling. I will be flying back to London tomorrow from Berlin. Then back to the states in a few more days! And let me tell you something, Berlin is pretty awesome. Here is a list of why:

1. It is legal to drink and walk on the street

List done.

Seriously though, Berlin has a unique vibe and good food prices (which really helps since we are almost out of money) Today we saw the Berlin wall. The sybolism outweighed the actual sight of seeing it but still a noteworthy site to see. We went on a "free" walking tour of Berlin today and saw some other sights and learned a little more history. Besides London, I am not sure any other city has a richer history than this Berlin.

Sean and I have been eating footlong sasuages and mini baguettes for only 1.20. Best deal in Europe. Our new favorite food called the Durum (like an Arabic burrito), is only 2.50! We were paying 3.90 in other parts. Lovin Berlin.

After all the traveling, unexpected twists (good and bad), I will be back to my starting point. Then...AMERICA. Probably will not see my home town through the same eyes again but only in a more positive light.

Pictures will be arriving shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment